When it comes to display advertising, there are two big players in the game: Adsense and Ezoic. Both platforms have their pros and cons, but which one is better for your business in 2023? In this blog post, we will compare and contrast Adsense and Ezoic so that you can make an informed decision about which platform is best for you.
Want to Know Which Display Ad Network is Best – Ezoic or Adsense?
We recommend Ezoic due to the higher earnings and better customer support! Click HERE to get started adding Ezoic ads to your website.
WHAT IS EZOIC?
Ezoic is a Google Certified Publishing Partner and display ad optimization platform. Ezoic has been shown to increase revenue for publishers by up to 300%. Ezoic launched in 2010 with the mission of making digital publishing more profitable and sustainable.
Ezoic works similiar to any other display ad network. Publishers add a simple piece of code to their site and Ezoic will serve ads on behalf of the publisher. The difference with Ezoic is that they use machine learning to automatically optimize ad placements, sizes, and types in real-time to maximize revenue for the publisher.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF USING EZOIC?
There are many benefits to using Ezoic for website publishers, including:
Increased revenue: Ezoic has been shown to increase revenue for publishers by up to 300%.
Better user experience: Ezoic gives you the ability to improve the user experience on your site by serving ads that are more relevant to your users.
Set monetization levels: Publishers can set the number of advertisements per page and control how ‘aggressive’ the placements are
Google Certified Publishing Partner: Ezoic is a Google Certified Publishing Partner, which means they adhere to strict quality standards set by Google
Over 100 integrations: Ezoic integrates with over 100 different platforms, including WordPress and Cloudflare so it is easy to launch campaigns
Dedicated Account Managers: Unlike Adsense, Ezoic offers dedicated account managers to help publishers grow their business, solve problems and increase revenue
Advanced caching: Ezoic’s advanced caching technology helps improve site speed, which can lead to higher ad prices and improved user experience
Higher revenue and RPM: Ezoic offers a higher RPM than Adsense, which means publishers can earn more money per 1000 pageviews
Real-time reporting: Ezoic’s reporting dashboard gives you real-time insights into your traffic and earnings so you can make informed decisions about your business.
Non CPC Revenue: With Adsense you only make money when someone clicks on an ad. Ezoic also offers CPM and CPA ad units so you can make money even if no one clicks on an ad.
Video ads: Unlike Adsense Ezoic offers video ads, which have been shown to have higher view rates and click-through rates
DOWNSIDES TO EZOIC
The only disadvantage of using Ezoic is that they take a 10% cut of your ad revenue. However, this is a small price to pay for the increase in revenue and features that Ezoic offers website owners Some features are gated behind premium membership: In order to access some of Ezoic’s features, such as video ads and advanced caches, you need to sign up for a premium membership which adds an additional cost each month (although premium DOES earn more than it costs)
WHAT IS ADSENSE?
Google Adsense is Google’s display advertising platform. Adsense allows publishers to place ads on their website and earn money when users click on the ads. Adsense is one of the most popular ways for publishers to monetize their website. Unlike Ezoic, Adsense does not use machine learning to automatically optimize ad placements.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF USING ADSENSE?
Adsense is one of the most popular display advertising platforms because it is:
- Easy to use: Adsense is very easy to set up and get started with. All you need to do is add a piece of code to make ads live.
- Less requirements than Ezoic: Adsense has less requirements than Ezoic. For example, you don’t need to have a minimum amount of traffic to qualify and they accept almost any website that does not violate their terms of service
- Familiar platform: Most publishers are already familiar with Adsense because it is owned by Google so signing up is easy if you already have a gmail or gsuite account.
- Google Analytics integration: Adsense directly integrates with Google Analytics so you can see how your ads are performing for you target keywords
WHAT ARE THE DOWNSIDES OF ADSENSE?
Adsense does have some drawbacks like:
- Less control over ad placements: Publishers have less control over where ads are placed on their site with Adsense. This can lead to a poor user experience if the ads are not placed well
- Ads can be slow to load: Ads served through Adsense can be slow to load, which can impact the user experience
- No account manager: Adsense does not offer dedicated account managers to help publishers grow their business, solve problems and increase revenue which can be a problem if there is problems or a suspension. With Ezoic and larger ad platforms publishers can request a manual review and get help from their account manager within 24 hours
- Less ad formats: Adsense has fewer ad formats than Ezoic which means there is less chance to optimize revenue
- Cannot customize ad placements: Adsense does not allow publishers to customize ad placements, which can limit the ability to optimize earnings
- Low RPM: The RPM (revenue per 1000 pageviews) on Adsense is often lower than Ezoic, which means publishers earn less money per 1000 pageviews
HOW DO EZOIC AND ADSENSE WORK?
Ezoic and Adsense are display ad networks which means they help connect advertisers with publishers who want to show ads on their website. Advertisers pay Ezoic or Adsense to show their ads on publisher websites. When a user visits a website with Ezoic or Adsense ads, the ad network serves the ad which is displayed on the publisher website. If the user clicks on the ad, then the publisher earns money.
Display networks scan the content on your website and show ads that are relevant to your content. For example, if you have a website about dogs, the ad network might show ads for dog food or dog toys. Display networks use algorithms to decide which ads to show on websites.
ADSENSE AND EZOIC APPROVAL REQUIREMENTS
Adsense and Ezoic have a few requirements before you begin using their ad platform. Display networks have website and trafffic quality requirements in order to protect their advertisers.
Your website must have a minimum of 30,000 monthly pageviews to be eligible for Ezoic. If you do not meet this requirement, you can still apply but your application will take longer to process
High quality content: Ezoic requires that your content is high quality and well written. This is because they want to make sure that the ads being served are high quality and relevant to your audience
No fake traffic: Your website’s traffic must be organic and real. Ezoic does not allow publishers to use artificial means to generate traffic, such as paying for fake traffic
Adsense has fewer requirements than Ezoic but they still require that your website meets a few standards.
Your website must be written in English: Adsense only allows websites written in English so if your website is not written in English, you will not be able to use Adsense
Your website cannot violate Google’s terms of service: This includes things like having too much profanity or illegal content on your website. If your website violates Google’s terms of service, you will not be able to use Adsense
Your website must have original content: Adsense does not allow websites with copied or plagiarized content. This is because they want to make sure that the ads being served are high quality and relevant to your visitors
WHICH IS BETTER – ADSENSE OR EZOIC?
In my opinion Ezoic is better than Adsense because:
- Ezoic has better customer service with dedicated account managers
- Ezoic ads are less likely to be slow to load and impact the user experience thanks to the advanced caching and Cloudflare integration
- Ezoic offers more ad formats which gives publishers more options to optimize revenue
- Ezoic has a higher RPM which means publishers earn more money per 1000 pageviews.
EZOIC PREMIUM VS FREE
One major difference between Ezoic and Adsense is that Ezoic offers a Premium version that costs $19/month at a minium and scales with page view.
The Premium version gives you access to features that are not available on the free version as well as higher RPMs! It may seem like a hard commitment but the Premium network always make more money than it costs!